Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Greetings from Looi

Ahoy ahoy!
Just wanted to link my greeting cards blog here which is part of my major project:

Goal is to churn out a drawing everyday. Decided to call my company Looi, cause it reminds me of the cards I made with Liz last year. (Hui and Looi...Get it? Ha.) Also it promotes me as an illustrator according to Bec :) Atm I'm concentrating on experimenting with the style of my drawings. Should go on for about 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to look at paper stocks, packaging and printing methods after that (so tempted to buy a gokko machine!)

To do list:
(Completed)

Research - Existing companies. What makes them good, cool, bad etc. Price ranges. Also look at illustrators, character branding companies.

Card survey- Why do people buy them? Keep them? What makes them special?
Total of 93 people took the survey (I feel very loved)

Make a blog - Post a drawing every day to promote cards, churn out designs & documentation. Eventually will sell them off site.

Brainstorming exercises with Meanwhile & target market- Situations where people would buy cards. Create designer challenges for myself which involve the public.

Experiment with media and styles - Materials I want to explore are collage, copics, vector, colour schemes & vintage theme.

Make a Facebook group/photo album - Still not sure if I should do this one yet. Might create one when I have more grounded designs

Draw til my hands fall off!

Remember the words - Cool, Awesome, Trendy, Designer edge, Personalized, Humorous, Longivity

Got a lonnnng way to go SIGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment