Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'd go to zone 2 for you

Hello. I've realised I haven't really written what my major project is about.

Here's a little back story to it. So I've been working at David Jones and Kikki K for a while now and I've realised that mostly the older generation buy cards. (eg: grannies, mums, office men) If young people do, it's mostly girls, as most cards are usually cute and pretty. And when young people want cards, they usually can't find any cause they are really tacky and plastered with glitter. I've also noticed that whenever I mention cards to people they usually aren't very excited about it.

So my duty as a victim of sms and fb happy bday messages is to make cards cool for our generation. COOL being the key word. So far I haven't done that much ^^', but you can see my progress in the next post.

Oh on the topic of cards, here's a card company which I thought was pretty cool, a similar concept to what I want to do.

http://www.ableandgame.com.au/

Although I'm not a huge fan of the design, what makes it really special is that the slogans are all everyday terms and relates to most people in our age group. It uses humour a lot, which I think makes it successful. Steph said you can find them in General Pants Co, trendy retailer for a trendy market.

I think this one is one of my favs haha

So that's my proposal. I was actually only intending to post about the company I found but somehow ended up talking about my project lol. I hope it gives you an insight to what I'm doing and sounds more interesting then how I would describe it in person ^^'

1 comment:

  1. I saw this card just today in a shop and loved it !

    ReplyDelete